Monday, July 6, 2015

56: The Roach and the Lady of Light

 Last night right before I went to bed, in the corner of my eye, I saw something move near my pillow.

“Something moves in the shadows, unseen, hidden from our sight. It will not show itself, not yet...”

However, as Thranduil pointed out, “Such is the nature of evil. […] In time all foul things come forth.”

And so I saw it, a cockroach that decided to set foot in the sacred halls of my room. I knew it could be no other than Roachy the Defiler.
I went into Galadriel Mode out of sheer reflex.

So I rose up and shouted: “Go back to the void from whence you came!” in an attempt to banish it from these lands. But the light of Eärendil was veiled, and alas, the spell did not work.

So I switched to Aragorn Mode instead. With a swift stroke of my shoe, I smashed it so hard, its head flew halfway across the room. I know, because I happened upon the head later.

As is always the case with deeds done in Aragorn Mode, it’s very satisfying, but a bitch to clean up.


My cockroach policy was summarized by Thranduil: “Other lands are not my concern. The fortunes of the world will rise and fall, but here in this kingdom, we will endure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment