Thursday, July 16, 2015

62: Healthy Again


I just recovered from 3 days of on and off vomiting and diarrhea – it’s actually lucky that it hasn’t hit me before this. Thanks to Karena and my roomie Allison I brought medicine with me for that, but unfortunately it didn’t really help much.
On day 2 I returned to work for an important (lunch) meeting. Since it was a lunch meeting though, refusing food was not an option (my stomach took revenge later).


In general, as soon as my host family heard I was sick, they urged me to eat lots. I explained to them that even a sip of water caused me to throw up, so I’d rather not eat anything. They still kept offering me food. My host dad insisted that the only way to fight an upset stomach is to eat a lot.


I respectfully repeatedly declined, and succeeded in not eating on day 3. When I told them I would drink juice, they bought me 3 different kinds of juice, and went to town to get ice cubes (our fridge broke weeks ago) and crackers. And when I reappeared from my room this morning, Jayheart ran up to hug me. My host family is the SWEETEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment