Wednesday, July 1, 2015

51: Surprise Hamlet


So guess what, I saw a Globe Theater performance of Hamlet yesterday. The Globe Theater is doing a world tour and visiting every country in the world – yesterday was FSM. MAJOR score! Yes, their set and costumes got stuck in Fiji, so they improvised, but they were super amazing. Hilariously funny Polonius, disturbingly intense Ophelia, angsty Hamlet, it was fantastic.
Also, I met some more expats – two law clerks JJ and Minh who work at the Pohnpei Supreme Court, and another amazing peace corps volunteer KJ. Really awesome, and most importantly they drove me - through insane amounts of rain O.O

In other news, after about 4 weeks of listening to the same 5 songs in the car, my host dad finally switched the CD. Switching from reggae to church music. Maybe I’ll regret it later, but for now it’s refreshing.


No comments:

Post a Comment