Monday, May 18, 2015

14: Banana Lunch

On the menu: akadahn bananas (sweet and creamy) and rice + mashed utin lihli bananas (less sweet cooking bananas) + coconut oil on top. Also, my coworker Selino told me about karat (pronounced karach, roll your “r” like a Bavarian) that have an insane amount of carotene in them – excited to try those as well, even though it’s used mostly for baby food O.O

Also, I did not use cutlery (island style, and actually historically-all-the-world-except-for-Europe-and-East-Asia-style) and even though I’ve been here less than a week, I’m already a big fan of defining everything as finger-food.


Cost: $1 for the rice, $2.5 for the bananas (50ct per pound!) which were obviously way too many to eat, but the guy just cut a big chunk from the banana bushel (bushel?)

No comments:

Post a Comment