Sunday, May 24, 2015

22: Climate Change Education Workshop



 Thursday Friday was a 2 day workshop by SPC (PacTVET) – never mind the acronyms – on how to integrate climate change training/education into the formal education system, from primary school all the way to community college (the highest tier in FSM).

Here’s the gang! All kinds of local and international NGOs represented, as well as people from the Pohnpei community college, the director of Pohnpei Utilities Corporation and one lonely government representative.
Yes, I was wearing my Stanford Earth shirt on Thursday, which I got some comments on, since I was introduced as the intern from Yale >.< I also got to present on some of our group findings (education and training needs of communities) on the second day, which was a super cool! Note the acronym soup on the poster – by now I know what most of them are!
Me doing some brainstorming with my group, Emy (co-founded CSP, owns land on Pakin, now works at the International Organization for Migration), Karita (also OIM), my supervisor Kesdy, and Betty from the Micronesia Conservation Trust looking at what on earth our sub-group was up to (we had way too much fun). Especially Emy is a major badass, and it was great to talk here more of the women’s perspective on environmental issues and politics (see sidebar comment 11)!    

No comments:

Post a Comment