Sunday, May 24, 2015

23: Splash

 Jayheart didn’t need anyone to tell him what fins are, he immediately “put them on.” Also, you should have seen my host dad’s face when he opened my big brown box and pulled out these fins and then my monofin. My merman identity is now officially out of the closet (If they hadn’t already picked up on the 3 mermaid T-shirts I’ve been wearing).
 This is my host mom Purli/Nohno, keeping it 100% cool like she always does. Also featuring: Jayheart (first time swimming in the ocean for him), and my host sister Tarla in the pink shirt. Everyone swims with T-shirts here. Except for yours truly of course O.O
 Putting on fins is always awkward, even though I these are just regular fins (I did not take the monofin on this trip).
 Me seeing corals for the first time! I went crazy. And these are just little patches of coral – once I go out to Pakin my merman heart is going to BURST.
 Three islands right off the coast of Pohnpei: Sapwtik (which has a Marine Protected Area that CSP is involved in!), Lenger Island, and Parem Island


 Above water selfie: manageable.
 Underwater selfie: still need to practice that.


No comments:

Post a Comment