Thursday, May 21, 2015

19: Porch Sakau

As you may already have guessed, probably at least half of my posts will include sakau in some way. Last night some relatives of my host dad (Happy, Haiyu and I think Bruxen was his name) prepared the sakau from the tree I was given last weekend, and it was pretty strong. My host dad insisted he take a picture of me while I drink some, so here it is. As the camera flash shows very flatteringly, I have not tanned in the least since I came here. Note my closed eyes – as mentioned in a previous post, it’s very bad luck to drink sakau with your eyes open.

Also, notice the individual hand gestures people make for pictures – even little Jayheart has his own one (he can barely say 5 words, but he’s SO ready for people to take his picture).    

No comments:

Post a Comment